Thursday, February 28, 2008

David Copperfield

Okay, so the family and I went to a David Copperfield show at the Convention Center on Monday. I do have to say I left there VERY IMPRESSED!!!! I didn't really know what to expect, but I was totally in awe of the things that he did! I mean I think I want one of my kids to be a magician now! I loved it that much. The boys didn't really seem real impressed about it and kinda didn't want to go at all. But the moment David appeared out of nowhere on a freakin motorcycle, they were impressed!

I have never been to a show like this and would probably never pay to go to one. The tickets were free so we said what the heck. I really believe that the show was worth the $62 ticket price for those who paid! I am glad I didn't have to pay, but that is irrelevant.

So, just a few of the things that I loved so much. He did appear from this "empty" box sitting on top of a motorcycle to open the show. I looked at Matt with my mouth wide open and was like a kid "how did he do that?". Another thing that was really cool was he made this huge 1950's car appear in the middle of the stage and it was resting on top of two pillars with audience memebers squatted down below them to make sure no "risky business" happened. (I do realize that all participants are pre-selected) NOW!! :o) It is just so cool how they make it look so cool and completly magical.

Now for the coolest thing. I still cannot figure this one out for the life of me. OK, so he tells some sappy story about a single father and his daughter and how she always wanted to go to Perth, Australia. She couldn't because of finances, blah, blah, blah. And she is in our audience today folks!! AAWWWW! So she comes up on stage and they have this huge monitor that is "real time" and is Perth, Australia. On it is the beach, some dude who can "hear" us, and a few other people. So he and the girl get on this platform and are covered with a sheet and the next thing you know they are gone. And where do they appear you ask? On the huge screen at the beach in Perth, Australia, of course! I was so impressed. I mean the girl ran into the beach and splashed around!! Oh, they also took a picture and some lady wrote her name and the date on it before they left and a girl wrote an A&S on David's arm before too. Those things were with them on the freakin beach!!!!!!!!!! I know you are so impressed too!! So, David comes back alone, I guess he left the girl in Perth! And he is standing on this platform in the middle of the audience with his arms out to his side in this grand gesture. When he is sure everyone has seen him he lets sand fall out of one of his hands! How cool is that?

So, moral of this blog is...............if he is in your area CHECK IT OUT!!! My kids now ask a million times a day how do you think he did all that? Good times!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I would go CRAZY trying to figure it out!!

Unknown said...

I'm going crazy right now trying to figure it out!!

Why don't you all move back out here? Your parents included. We'd be able to play more...just think about it!

Michael + Christina said...

I don't like magic. There's always a trick!!! :)

I agree with Chana! Ya'll should move out here! We get snow here!

Laura said...

Snow is Cold. Move here. Haha, We stay warm on the bayou...

My point is is David Copperfield the only exciting thing in your life?? Motivate, girl, write some more!!