Sunday, July 11, 2010

Oh no you didn't.....


See those 2 adorable boys up there?

Yeah, well I smooth cussed them both out on Saturday! I've been just plain fed up with them lately. It's so exhausting how much they fight with each other. They cannot speak kindly to each other for anything. I just don't get it. I mean I know I fought with my siblings, but I sure don't remember it being a constant thing. There are RARE occasions when they get along. I'm not quite sure what to do to remedy the situation, but it's times like this that make me very grateful to only have 2 to deal with.

I already have enough anxiety about being a horrible mother and days like Saturday don't help any. I totally lost it. I didn't want to be anywhere near them, I just wanted them to leave me alone and I told them so. I told them not to look at me, talk to me, think about talking to me or think about looking at me. That was AFTER I cussed them out!

I told them that since trying the "nice" way of punishing them wasn't working I was just going to start beating the HELL out of them. I also told them to buckle up for a ride b/c the BITCH is in town! Congratulations!

Needless to say they went straight to their room when we got home and didn't come out for several hours. I went to the pool and layed in the sun for a few hours and felt a little better. I'm still in a bit of a funk over it today. We shall see how they respond the next few days and IF they make any changes.

So all you Moms out there don't worry the MOTHER OF THE YEAR award is still up for grabs b/c obviously I'm out of that race!

5 comments:

Renée said...

Oh don't worry your pretty little head. I am sure I would beat you out of the race first. I hope things improve and I certainly feel your pain. May the force be with you!!

Unknown said...

I think you have to do what works and if being the nice guy doesn't then put the welcome home Bitch sign on the door and bring down the wrath.

Hopefully they'll learn and you won't have to be that way for long. Maybe if you scare them they'll get better just knowing that that side of you exists...

Laura W said...

Oh much like all who are privileged, they have no clue of the real world. They have a great life and lots of love. Mother of the year is a fallacy anyway. So don't sweat it.

Sarah said...

Eli and Ava were going down that same route...so rude to eachother, not being nice, hurting eachother, etc. So, I told them since they can't play nice together, they don't get to play together at all! I wouldn't let them play with friends/each other for about a month! It was my full time job to keep them separated. They HATED it! But guess what??? At the end of the month, they realized it's a priviledge to play together and to have a sibling, so now they play super nice together, and are totally respectful to one another. It was a hard consequence to follow through with, but one that I am SO glad I did! Parenting is tough! But I know you are an awesome mom! Hang in there:)

chrissy said...

I won't get that award either. I'm ok with that though.

My dad made my brother's run laps through the sprinklers early in the a.m. if they didn't quit fighting. Maybe you should try that!