In the last few months I've come to know heartbreak on a whole new level. You just cruise through life and swing at the curveballs as they come to you, but nothing could have prepared our family for the curveball we were thrown in April. As most people know my brother Joseph and his sweet wife Chana lost their baby boy Freddie in April. He was born 17 weeks early and he just wasn't strong enough to fight that battle. He lived a week and then went on to a much better place, I know it! He was so sweet, so perfect. I've never in my life felt that kind of pain and I'm just the Aunt! Freddie's parents handled it with great strength and grace. I love them both! I miss them, I wish I lived closer to them so that we could play all the time! They are wonderful parents and I know that Little Freddie is up there instructing his younger siblings and telling them all about their wonderful parents waiting for them! I'm so grateful for our eternal family and I know that we will get to hold and squeeze and kiss that sweet boy one day! Here's a picture of the sweet guy and his parents.
I'm so thankful for my family and glad that I was able to be out there to meet Freddie and kiss and touch him. To spend time with him at his bedside in the hospital was truly amazing. He was such a cute little guy. He had huge feet and hands and the cutest nose. Anyone who knows me knows I love my babies! I was so looking forward to spoiling him and had already made a headstart! So I'm sure there will be a fight when we get to see him again b/c I'll have some making up to do! :o) I love you Little Freddie!!!! Your FAVORITE AUNT Mandy!
About 2 weeks after our emergency trip out to AZ, we had a trip already planned out there for Josephs graduation. Congrats to him! He is now a graduated golf pro! How exciting is that! So we were able to go back out for that and also attend Freddies graveside service. It was beautiful. Wonderful words were expressed, we released balloons for him and cried yet again for this sweet baby.
A few weeks after we got back from Josephs graduation, Christina had her baby! I know. I told you it's been a crazy few months! Christina had an adorable little girl on May 18th! Madilyn Lea Clark is sooo cute! She is the first girl after 5 boys! So you know she will be and is spoiled! I might have gone a little overboard on the hairbows and tutu's and cute outfits, but hey! It's just too fun! I can't help myself! Here is a cute picture of her...

Isn't that adorable? I haven't got to officially meet her yet and I'm going a little bonkers over that. I have got to Skype with her. Christina likes to tease me by saying isn't she cute? Don't you wish you could hold her? Isn't she so tiny? blah! blah! blah! So we are leaving in July for a week so that I can hold her until my hearts content. And then I will try to sneak her in my luggage home. I'm sure they won't miss her at all! Right?
The other exciting thing that has happened in the last few months is that....Matt FINALLY got a teaching and coaching job! It's even at his alma mater so he is in heaven! So now we can get on with life and stop wondering what we should do if we he didn't get a job this year. I'm so proud of him and I know he will be great! He will show them what they missed out on 3 years ago when they didn't hire him the first time! As for me, I'm just adjusting to being alone more! He will be so busy with basketball and possibly soccer that I'll hardly see him. It's a good thing I love sports and don't mind to watch! I can handle it, he's happy and that's all that matters to me! I know, I know, I'm such a good wife! :o) But, feel free to tell me you think so too! ha!
Well, that about catches you up. I'm ready for summer and getting my tan on. YES!!!!
4 comments:
Yep, I'd say you've been busy. Losing a nephew is the worst pain I've ever experienced--But you're right...you will have a joyous time making up for lost time one day! Hang in there!
I hope everyone is doing well. Such a painful time, but I'm glad you seem to be handling it well. Give Joseph and Chana my love and congrats to Christina.
Holy smokes! You have had a ton of things going on! Wow! I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew, Freddie. That kind of loss is indescribable, and for me to say, "I'm sorry" doesn't seem like enough to say. My heart aches for them and your family. They will be in my prayers.
As for Christina and Michael...I'm so incredibly happy for them and their new beautiful baby! She's gorgeous! I wish so much I could hold and cuddle her, too! Maybe one day ;) She's a little piece of heaven, and they soo deserve that!
Congrats to Matt on his job! That is way cool! I'm sure he'll do great! Thanks for the update, and tell Christina I need to see more pics of their babe on their blog soon! :) Love and miss you all...
Wow, what a crazy few months you have had Mandy. I was so so sad to hear about Joseph and Chana's baby, I can't even imagine how incredily hard that would be. I'm glad you were able to meet him and kiss him though. How bittersweet that must have been.
I can already tell you're gonna be baby Madilyn's favorite aunt! How fun and exciting for Christina and Michael, she's a cutie.
Congrats on Matt's job, that is awesome! Even though he's working for my former arch rival....:)
Who am I kidding? I never had any school spirit--go Northside!
P.S. I think its time for a vacation for you now. :)
Post a Comment