Thursday, January 24, 2008

Blast from the Past!!

So, I have a totally awesome story for all you oh so devoted blog readers of mine!!! You better buckle your seat belts. (Chana)

Ok, so a few weeks ago my Mom called me and asked me where I was because she needed to bring something to me. I was at "work" at the mall and she tracked me down while shopping in JC Penny's. While working, yes! Anyways, she handed me this folded up piece of paper. I opened it and read it and it was a letter from a friend of mine from the 6th grade!!!

You see my family moved to Michigan when I was in the 6th grade for a very brief 9 months or so, Dad hated his job so we moved back to Arkansas. But, while we were there I became great friends with a girl named Jamie. When we moved back Jamie and I wrote letters all the way through High School back and forth. Well, when Matt and I got married was the last time we had any contact. Somehow I just lost touch with her.

I would think about her all the time and wonder how she was doing. I tried every few months to look her up on the Internet, but with no luck. So, imagine my surprise when the letter was from her almost 10 years later! She just took the chance to send it to the last address she had for me and hope that Mom and Dad still lived there! And it gets even better.........she still lives in Michigan, but was coming to Tennessee to visit some family. So Matt, the boys and I drove to Memphis and she came with her soon to be mother-in-law to Memphis and we had lunch and got to visit!! It was so awesome to see her all these years later. I am so thankful for the Internet and computers because now we can email and keep in touch with each other and hopefully not lose contact again!

So now isn't that a good story??!! I am so glad that I could make your day a little brighter! :o)
Pictures will be here as soon as I can find my camera!!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Awesome and Exciting, girl! Glad I could read something new! ;p

Unknown said...

That's really cool!
Hey we're going to go play in the snow next weekend. Do you guys want to come?
Oh and I saw what you wrote on Christina's blog...uh huh I get it. But I'm not going to stop harrassing you.