Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Wifes Reference Letter

Dear (Insert School System Here),

I am writing you in regards to your applicant Mr. Matt Mondier. I just want you to know what kind of man he is before you toss his resume, application, and reference letters aside that he spent hours on and hire someone who know someone who knows someone else.

Mr. Mondier worked 7 long and hard years to finish his teaching degree all while working a full time job, supporting ME and 2 kids. And he still loves us and we still love him! :o) Amazing, huh? He worked 12 hours on 3rd shift and went to school without sleep most days only to get home from school to sleep a few hours and go back and work 12 more hours. How many of you applicants had that much dedication? I doubt many of them did! That is the kind of dedication and loyalty you will get from him as a teacher/coach.

It is Mr. Mondiers dream to teach History and coach basketball and I know he will put all his effort and energy into his job. He loves History and will be an awesome teacher. He just needs someone to HIRE him. I hope that you will take this opportunity to snatch him up before someone else does and you are left the LOSER!

I bet you don't get many reference letters from spouses, but I feel it necessary to let you know how bad Mr. Mondier wants to teach and who knows better than the person who has supported him through school, knows him better than anyone and loves him more than anyone in the world and his biggest fan? That's right ME! I promise not to complain of the long hours after school that I know he will spend there. I promise to finally join the PTA and do whatever else you need me to do. I promise our family will attend your sporting events and spend money at you over priced concession stands. I will do whatever you need!

Please take the time to at least interview him and see for yourself what a wonderful man he is. It won't take long for you to figure it out. And PLEASE don't send him another sugar coated "sorry you aren't good enough" letter! I don't know that I can handle seeing his dreams being crushed another time. It makes my heart shatter into a million little pieces to see the disappointment in his face as his dreams are slipping away from him.

Ok, I can't go on any further or my tears will stain this post or blow up my keyboard, but whatever!

Sincerly,

A wife who really loves and supports her husband NO matter what!

I love you Honeybee!!!!!!

3 comments:

Laura W said...

Amen!!!

SpinIt! said...

You have NO IDEA how often I wonder if there is a way for ME to write a reference letter or even do an interview or something for Joe! Not because he doesn't have interviewing skills, but because he is too modest to tell them how awesome he is! Honestly, most of my friends, I wouldn't hire...I like them a lot, but work ethic is a bit lacking. Joe on the other hand is amazing! Sometimes a little too amazing and stays at work too long, but I'm so proud of the job he does and that he is willing to give 100% to a job he doesn't even like. I hope you guys find a job soon!! And us too:)It's so frustrating to see people moving ahead in the world when the only reason is because of who they know.

chrissy said...

keep at it. He'll get there!